Professional Horn Development
ProHorn is a private teaching service for postgraduate level French horn students and professional players.
Leaving a music college with the ambition to become a professional horn player can be one of the most exciting parts of your career but also one of the most challenging. The lucky ones go straight to a new orchestra and have to learn very quickly, however most good students have to make a living in the freelance market with all its opportunities and uncertainties. ProHorn offers support and guidance for young horn players coping with a new job in a new orchestra and direction for young hopefuls who are trying to maximise their ability to attract freelance work while continuing to focus on a possible permanent position with an orchestra. With a flexible mixture of one to one lessons, group classes and master classes, Prohorn will help you to focus your efforts and maximise your chance of success with a knowledge, experience and commitment that you can depend upon.
The physical courage and extreme mental focus required to maintain a successful professional horn playing career over many years, can make great demands on a player’s physical endurance and mental wellbeing. ProHorn offers professional horn players a place where they can re-evaluate their strengths and weaknesses and regain a direction in a confidential atmosphere of respect, support and professional encouragement. Whether you are auditioning for another orchestra, needing support with an embouchure or confidence issue or just looking for re-evaluation and direction, Prohorn offers professional horn players constructive support and guidance to help you to continue a successful playing career.
For postgraduate students:
- In-depth focus on audition solo performance and the orchestral and operatic repertoire.
- Instruction in professional attitude and professional approach when you have no professional experience.
- Advice and support for your first professional rehearsals and performances, and during trial periods with orchestras.
- The opportunity to focus entirely on preparation for a professional horn playing career at an affordable price.
- Advice and support to help you attain your best audition performance within a busy professional schedule.
- A confidential positive re-evaluation of horn playing skills and practical help with embouchure and confidence issues.
All ProHorn classes are given at the 1901 Arts Club which is a short walk from London Waterloo mainline and Underground station. The 1901 Arts Club has excellent facilities for one-to-one horn lessons, horn ensemble and master classes.